What does it mean when someone ends a sentence with
This is in part due to grammatical correctness – for example, a pronoun like “We” or present participle like “Introducing” would seldom feature at the end of a sentence. Personally, I think it’s important to make these distinctions if only to highlight that word order (and context) matters.... "The word 'respectively' is not set apart from the other information in the sentence when it appears as the last word." Source of Question, Date of Response Richmond, Virginia Wed, Jan 28, 2004
respectfully / respectively Vocabulary.com - Learn Words
"The word 'respectively' is not set apart from the other information in the sentence when it appears as the last word." Source of Question, Date of Response Richmond, Virginia Wed, Jan 28, 2004... 18/09/2008 · Best Answer: The word is "respectively" as in: Fields A and B yielded 320 bushels and 415 bushels respectively (which means that Field A yielded 320 bushels and B 415 bushels). The two prizewinners were Matthew Smith and Cassie Shaw, with scores of 520 and 505 respectively (meaning Matthew scored 520, Cassie 505).
How to use "respectively" respectfully CrossTalk
You might want to use "ibid." (ibidem) instead of repeating the citation You might be able to cite just once at the end of a paragraph (assuming that doesn't create ambiguity) You might want to avoid the second citation by appropriate rephrasing as @PeterJanson suggests .... Keep using respectfully instead of respectively? Check out Ginger's spelling book and make sure you never confuse respectfully and respectively again! Check out Ginger's spelling book and make sure you never confuse respectfully and respectively again!
respectfully vs. respectively â€“ The Correct Way to Use
24/08/2016 · The "embarrassing" in the first sentence is an adjective. The word "embarrassing" in the second sentence is called a predicate adjective. The word "embarrassing" in the second sentence is called a predicate adjective.... Kate and Daniel are 13 and 14 years old, respectively. David's first and second vacations were Disney World and Chicago, respectively . The two which drain the largest basin are the Chi Manuk and the Chi Tarum, both rising in the eastern end of the province and flowing northeast and north-west respectively to the Java Sea.
How To Use Respectively At The End Of A Sentence
How to use at the receiving end in a sentence wordhippo.com
- respectfully / respectively Vocabulary.com - Learn Words
- Prepositions How to use IN AT and ON in English Â· engVid
- Can you end a sentence with otherwise Answers.com
- Common Bugs in Writing Columbia University
How To Use Respectively At The End Of A Sentence
22/06/2012 · Best Answer: The usage of the comma before "respectively" at the end of a sentence is context specific. If the sentence is long and has many parameters, then use the comma for clarity.
- This style manual says that 'respectively' should be set off with a comma when it comes at the end of a sentence, but doesn't mention what to do when it's in the middle. So, I would write the sentence:
- Here are 10 fantastic examples of sentences with "at the receiving end".
- respectfully / respectively If you kiss the mob boss's ring, do it respectfully, or full of respect and admiration. But respectively means "in the order given," so if you have to kiss up to the rest of the mob, make sure to shake hands and high five Jimmy Rags and Tommy Two Face, respectively because Jimmy prefers a handshake, but Tommy loves a good high five.
- "The word 'respectively' is not set apart from the other information in the sentence when it appears as the last word." Source of Question, Date of Response Richmond, Virginia Wed, Jan 28, 2004
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Lyons ACT, O'connor ACT, Civic ACT, Holt ACT, Forde ACT, ACT Australia 2679
- New South Wales: Thredbo Village NSW, Ariah Park NSW, Cunjurong Point NSW, Lansdowne NSW, Hopefield NSW, NSW Australia 2098
- Northern Territory: Aputula NT, Howard Springs NT, Nakara NT, Weddell NT, Birdum NT, Peppimenarti NT, NT Australia 0834
- Queensland: Kholo QLD, Point Vernon QLD, Mt Molloy QLD, Trunding QLD, QLD Australia 4079
- South Australia: O'halloran Hill SA, Woodville Park SA, Wild Dog Valley SA, North Plympton SA, Walker Flat SA, Bray SA, SA Australia 5069
- Tasmania: New Town TAS, Yambacoona TAS, Stonehenge TAS, TAS Australia 7055
- Victoria: Orrvale VIC, Noble Park North VIC, Bunguluke VIC, Woorndoo VIC, Dandenong Sth Bc VIC, VIC Australia 3003
- Western Australia: Dardanup West WA, East Cannington WA, Walkaway WA, WA Australia 6074
- British Columbia: Alert Bay BC, Montrose BC, Kelowna BC, Prince Rupert BC, Port Alice BC, BC Canada, V8W 3W9
- Yukon: Montague YT, Bear Creek YT, Dezadeash YT, Eagle Plains YT, Champagne YT, YT Canada, Y1A 6C3
- Alberta: Delia AB, Morrin AB, Granum AB, Sexsmith AB, Vulcan AB, Provost AB, AB Canada, T5K 2J1
- Northwest Territories: Colville Lake NT, Fort Resolution NT, Norman Wells NT, Sambaa K'e NT, NT Canada, X1A 5L7
- Saskatchewan: Martensville SK, Meath Park SK, Ebenezer SK, Esterhazy SK, Arran SK, Kindersley SK, SK Canada, S4P 7C2
- Manitoba: Ste. Anne MB, Somerset MB, Treherne MB, MB Canada, R3B 7P7
- Quebec: Laurier-Station QC, Lachute QC, Saint-Andre-du-Lac-Saint-Jean QC, Sainte-Marie QC, Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac QC, QC Canada, H2Y 6W8
- New Brunswick: Lameque NB, Chipman NB, Dieppe NB, NB Canada, E3B 6H6
- Nova Scotia: Canso NS, Yarmouth NS, Guysborough NS, NS Canada, B3J 8S7
- Prince Edward Island: Tyne Valley PE, Hunter River PE, New Haven-Riverdale PE, PE Canada, C1A 1N3
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Traytown NL, Flower's Cove NL, Glovertown NL, Happy Valley-Goose Bay NL, NL Canada, A1B 6J7
- Ontario: Thompson Hill ON, Pointe au Baril ON, Herron's Mills ON, Tamarack, Val Cote ON, Nairn, Middlesex County ON, Linton ON, ON Canada, M7A 6L7
- Nunavut: Fort Hearne NU, Igloolik NU, NU Canada, X0A 5H1
- England: Crewe ENG, Bloxwich ENG, Rochester ENG, Cheltenham ENG, St Helens ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 2A5
- Northern Ireland: Belfast NIR, Belfast NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Derry (Londonderry) NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 2H9
- Scotland: Kirkcaldy SCO, Glasgow SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Hamilton SCO, Edinburgh SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 5B2
- Wales: Wrexham WAL, Neath WAL, Cardiff WAL, Wrexham WAL, Cardiff WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 6D3